This is a Cantonese recipe
5 oz. lean beef
1 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp rice wine
½ tsp/ cornstarch
¼ tsp. sugar
Pinch of salt
6 oz. broccoli
½ tsp. sugar
2 tsp. oyster sauce
Oil for deep frying
1. Cut the beef into very thin slices and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Wash and trim the broccoli into 4 inch lengths.
3. Cut the scallion into 1/2 inch pieces.
4. Deep fry the beef in very hot oil for 10 seconds and drain well.
5. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a wok and stir fry the broccoli for 30 seconds over a moderate heat.
6. Add 5 tbsps water, turn up the heat and cook for 5 minutes, until the broccoli is just tender.
7. Remove, drain if necessary and arrange on a serving dish
8. Reheat the wok with 2 tsp. oil and stir fry the scallion for 15 minutes.
9. Add the beef, sprinkle with sugar and sir fry for 30 seconds.
10. Lay the meat on the broccoli, spoon over the oyster sauce and serve.