Ingredients for the dough (1):
1 oz flour
4 oz. lard
Ingredients for the dough (2):
5/9 oz. flour
Ingredients for cream:
1 ½ cup milk
½ oz. cornstarch
1 2/3 oz. sugar
1 tsp vinegar
1. Prepare the dough (1). Combine in a bowl, flour and slightly melted lard and mix well. Place in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
2. Prepare the dough (2). Sift the flour into a bowl and drop the egg and combine, adding water gradually. Mix well until a smooth dough is formed. Place on a board and knead well until it becomes stiff. Place in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Make a pie crust. Roll the dough (2) out flat and place the dough (1) in the middle. Wrap (1) with (2) tightly and roll it out into a rectangle. Fold the rectangle into 3 layers. Roll it out, turn it 90° and fold into 3 as before. Repeat the process two more times and finally roll it out into ¼” thick.
4. Cut the crust into a size a little larger than chrysanthemum mold and place it in the mold. Stick it tightly on the inside of the mold with your fingers.
5. Make the cream. Bring the milk and sugar to a boil in an aluminum pan. When the sugar melts, transfer the content into a bowl and let cool. Divide into 2. Add cornstarch into one half and set it over low heat. Mix until it becomes creamy. Add another half of milk and vinegar and mix.
6. Place the cream into the mold and bake for 10 minute in the oven over high heat. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove the mold and serve.
There are no comments yet
Do you like this recipe? Have you put your own twist to it? Please do share.