1 cup rice
4 medium sized Chinese dried mushrooms
2 pieces chicken filler
1 2/3 oz scallops
8 lettuce leaves
3 tbsps scallion, finely chopped
¾ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp minced ginger
1. Wash the rice in cold water, drain on a colander and let stand for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Peel the skin of squid and cut diagonally. Shell and devein the shrimps. Remove and discard the stems of Chinese mushrooms and cut into 2. Remove the sinews of chicken fillet and cut each piece into 4 to 5. Remove the membrane and tough part of the scallops and slice horizontally from the top. Cut the lettuce into ¾ inch squares and wash. Parboil and drain.
3. Place the scraped ingredients neatly on a platter.
4. Pour 15 cups of water and rice in a thick pan. Cover and cook over moderate heat for 30 minutes. Turn the heat to low and cook for another 30 minutes.
5. Transfer the rice into an earthenware casserole, cook for 4 to 5 minutes over low heat. Place the casserole on the table.
6. In an individual bowl, take a lettuce leaf and other ingredients to your taste. Pour in the rice. Dip the meat into the sauce mixture as you eat.