This is a Southern Chinese recipe
3 tbsps oil
2 slices ginger root
1 scallion, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 tbsp dry sherry
½ tsp salt
Pinch of pepper
½ lb fresh or canned crab meat
1 x ½ lb can straw mushrooms, drained
½ cup water
1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the ginger and scallion and stir fry for 1 second.
2. Add the sherry, salt, pepper and crab meat and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the mushrooms and water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Remove the ginger and onion. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened.
5. Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped scallion, if liked.