1 ½ oz. large white fungi
10 oz. fresh prawns
4 water chestnuts
10 oz. Choi sum (Chinese flowering cabbage)
Ingredients for stewing white fungi:
1 cup stock
2 slices ginger
2 sprigs of scallions
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cornstarch
Pinch of pepper
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp sugar
½ tsp cornstarch
4 tbsps water
1. Soak white fungi until soft. Cook in hot water for 5 minutes, remove and drain.
2. Stir fry ginger and scallion with ½ tbsp of oil until fragrant. Add stock and white fungi. Stew for 10 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
3. Wash, pat dry and crush shrimps. Peel and dice water chestnuts. Mix shrimps, water chestnuts and seasoning together to make shrimp paste.
4. Dust white fungi with cornstarch and place on shrimp paste. Steam for 10 minutes over high heat. Remove, pour out liquid from steaming and set aside.
5. Blanch Choi Sum with salt and oil until cooked. Remove and arrange on the side of dish.
6. Bring liquid from steaming and sauce to the boil with 1/2 tbsp of oil. Pour over white fungi. Serve.