Chinese Recipe - Sichuan Seafood Hot Sour Soup
- ½ a sea cucumber
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 30 g peeled prawns, diced if large
- 1 ½ tbsp thawed frozen green peas
- 1 dried black mushroom, soaked and finely sliced
- ½ cake soft beancurd, finely diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cornflour, blended with water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp black rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely sliced spring onion
- Soak the sea cucumber in hot water, until soft, then cut in half lengthwise. Clean the interior and dice the flesh finely.
- Heat the stock and add sea cucumber, prawns, peas, mushroom, fungus, beancurd and tomato.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- Thicken the soup with cornflour, then add the egg and stir until set.
- Add the vinegar, pour into a serving bowl and garnish with spring onion.