This is a Beijing recipe
2 oz. frozen spinach or 4 oz. fresh spinach
1 square of beancurd
1 tbsp. chicken dripping
1 ½ cup chicken stock
Pinch of salt
2 tsps. Chicken dripping or sesame oil
1. Defrost the spinach, if frozen. If fresh, wash, tear out the central vein, fry in the chicken dripping and boil in the stock for about 4 minutes.
2. Slice the beancurd into thin oblongs.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of the chicken dripping and gently fry the spinach for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the stock and salt and bring to the boil.
5. Check the seasoning and add the beancurd, simmer for a few seconds to heat through and serve with chicken dripping or sesame oil added.