1 ½ oz fresh cashew nuts
1 celery stalk
½ tsp finely chopped garlic
½ tsp finely chopped ginger
4 tbsps sesame sauce
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
Dash of MSG
1. Drain the beancurd and dice. Peel the cucumber, remove the tough part of celery and dice them. Cut the scallion diagonally into ½ inch lengths.
2. Combine in a bowl the seasonings A, garlic and ginger and mix well.
3. Deep fry the cashew nuts over moderate heat and remove as soon as they start to change color.
4. Turn the oil temperature up to 256°F and drop in the bean curd. Remove as soon as it is crisp and golden brown.
5. Coat the bean curd in the seasoning while hot. Add the cucumber, celery, scallion and cashew nuts and serve when all the ingredients are seasoned well.