This is a Beijing recipe
8 oz. beancurd
4 oz. pork
2 tsp. rice wine
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 minced ginger
1 tsp. cornstarch
8 oz. Chinese cabbage
½ cup chicken stock
¼ tsp MSG
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. sesame oil
Oil for deep frying
1. Put the beancurd in a deep-freeze for at least 24 hours. Remove and defrost. Cut into 3/4 inch squares.
2. Slice the pork thinly and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Cut the Chinese leaves into 1 1/2 inch squares.
4. Deep fry the pork until its color changes, then drain well.
5. Heat the wok with 2 tbsps. oil. Put in the beancurd and stir fry for 2 minutes over a moderate heat, then add the white parts of the Chinese cabbage and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
6. Put in the green leaves and the meat and continue stir frying for another 2 minutes.
7. Pour in the stock, cover the wok and simmer for 10 minutes over a low heat. Season with MSG, salt and pepper, sprinkle with sesame oil and serve.