Many recipes call for tofu to be drained before cooking. This will increase its capacity to absorb other flavors. Here's how you can drain tofu:
- Cover a cutting board with paper towels.
- Cut the tofu into the size and number of pieces called for in the recipe.
- Place the tofu on the cutting board.
- Place a heavy weight, such as a book or bowl, on the tofu.
- Drain the tofu for 15 minutes.
- Change the soaked paper towel as required.
Tips : Freezing makes tofu thicker and firmer; it also makes it absorb sauces and flavors more readily. Drain before freezing it.